Robotic Process Automation: The Dawn of Unlimited Intelligence
Today’s robotic process automation will lead to tomorrow’s bot-enhanced minds.
Assistant bots are developing so rapidly that they’re quickly moving from business automation to becoming an integral adjunct to the human mind.
Assistant bots lead the way
The development of assistant bots will kick into high gear when their power is boosted by other intelligent technologies:
- Robotic process automation (RPA): It’s been around for decades, performing rote, repetitive tasks, and it’s the gateway to more intelligent processes.
- Convergence: Bots with artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and natural-language processing are smart enough to work on their own and ask for help when they need it.
- Bots as extensions of human intellect: They’ll act as collaborative team members that can suggest ideas and help shape a course of action, backed by AI and Big Data analysis
The next bot generation
As intelligent RPA improves, we will see an entirely new generation of software bots emerge that supercharge human intelligence.
Intelligent assistant bots will become the brains behind supply chains that run and improve on their own.
Employees will eventually have access to an inexhaustible reservoir of knowledge.
Our shared intelligence is what futurist Ray Kurzweil terms our “neocortex in the cloud.”
Eventually there may be no separation between individual and shared intelligence.
- This would enable “singularity,” the point at which artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence and then accelerate beyond us exponentially.
- MIT Media Lab’s Fluid Interfaces research group is working on projects that blend human senses with external devices to erase the barrier between human and computer.